Last night my mother-in-law came to my room and asked me to see Ayden. I barely recognized my own daughter as I was whisked away to my own 80's generation and vivid memories of long hair in the back and really short up front. It was then I realized that somewhere in the last 2 hours Esther had turned from an average 3 year old into an 80's hairstylist...could this be her future destiny?
I tried to be firm, I really did. I told Esther to look at her sister, and expressed that taking matters into her own hands and cutting her sister's hair was "naughty." Yet, how can I be angry when Ayden is sitting there looking at me like nothing has changed when in reality, everything has changed! She's now sporting one of the most made-fun of hairstyles in the history of the 80's and I just couldn't keep up the facade...I started busting up, then Esther and Ayden started to laugh too.
Later as I was putting Esther to bed she expressed how much she loved her mommy and daddy. It was a great way to end the night, especially when I was feeling a little stressed...how are we going to fix this? Especially with a big trip coming up in two days? Anyhow, God is good and I'm happy we could be firm (no scissors for a month), but also enjoy such surprises and see the humor in them.
Anyone need a haircut? Bookings start next month.
2 comments:
LOL! ayden actually looks adorable with that short hair. and this will make a great story to tell at esther's wedding.. ;)
Ayden's hair is really cute! :) Thanks for updating your blog! I love to see pics of you and your beautiful family. Any plans to come to Dallas? =)
Post a Comment